Sunday, June 21, 2009

Neutral or Fight?

Should the United States have gone to war in World War 1?

In my opinion, I do believe that the United States should have gone to war during World War I. I say this because, to me, it seemed as though entering the war inevitable. Though trying to stay neutral, Germany would not remain peaceful to us. We tried to make peaceful negotiations with them and it did work, for awhile. Germany agreed to give our ships warnings before they shot them down. Unfortunately, Germany could not stay faithful with this and on February 1st, 1917; Germany announced that it would stop giving our ships warnings. Secondly, Germany was basically asking us to go war. Zimmerman of German sent messages down to Mexico asking them to fight us. This should have provoked and angered us, causing war against Germany to become almost inevitable .Put in a simple analogy, if your dad told your younger brother to beat you up; you wouldn’t just sit there, take the beating, and act like nothing happened. Germany was not peaceful to the United States during World War I. Therefore, I believe that entering the war was inevitable, as well as the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment